Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal
Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal is a substrate kit makes it easy to grow your own mushrooms at home. The kit contains a sterilized 1200 ml substrate .Add your own mushroom spores and the kit is ready to grow your mushrooms of choice!
Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal is specially designed to grow psilocybe cubensis mushrooms, edible and medicinal mushrooms.
Use your own spores or buy our selected cubensis spores vials at a discount of 20%.
Mondo® Substrate Grow Box makes it possible to grow fresh mushrooms in a matter of weeks. The kit contains everything you need to start cultivation, you add the spores and you choose how to grow.
Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal
The Mondo® Grow Box contains an improved PF TEK or BRF substrate in an container with injection port. Mondo® Grow Box, is the ultimate mushroom grow experience without the hassle of making substrate.
Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal contains 2100c c/ml of sterilized substrate. The injection port makes it easy to inject your mushroom spores. This way you can inoculate the Mondo® Grow Box with any spores you like.
Magic Mushroom Grow Kit B+ | psilocybe cubensis grow kit
Years of planning and testing has resulted in the next generation of Mondo® B+ XL magic mushroom grow kits. The B+ XL grow kit is now even better than it ever was. Compared to the first generation of Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal, the next generation is improved with:
- Larger yields, more mushrooms
- More flushes*
- Better resistance against contaminations
- Different, but easier instructions
*some strains produce more flushes than others. The first three flushes are the largest.
Meet the new standard of easy grow kits
The Mondo® B+ XL magic mushroom grow kit is slightly different than the grow kits you may have used before. These are mainly ‘under the hood’ differences and are not easily seen.
Just like the previous and other easy mushroom grow kits, you do not need to use additional spores. During the laboratory process, the spores have developed in mycelium inside the substrate (the cake) in the grow box.
Mondo® Grow Box Includes:
- Spawn box with sterilised substrate 2100 cc
- Hypodermic syringe
- Liquid Culture
- Alcohol Swab
You will need:
- An disinfected area to work
- Spores; a Ready to use Spore Syringe or Inoculated Liquid Culture vial
- Clean / Drinkable Water
- Water spray / Misting bottle
Grow With Spores
You can choose your mushroom spores from a selection of spores vials we include to the product. The mushroom spores vials come with a 20% discount if bought together with the Mondo® Grow Box.
Why spore vials?
The spore vials are a unique way of handling spores, we prefer them over spore syringes for a few reasons:
- Non Static: no spores sticking to vail
- Easier to Handle
- Better shelf-life and storage
Grow with Liquid Culture
You can inject the spores in the Mondo® Liquid culture and let the spores germinate here. The mycelium grows in the Liquid culture vial. Using Liquid Culture will strengthen the mycelium, shortens the colonisation time and gives a higher success rate.
Always store your substrate kit in a clean refrigerator ! We recommend to use the substrate kit as soon as possible. The kit can be kept under refrigerated conditions for up to 2 months.
Mondo® Grow Box | Substrate Kit Normal Instructions
Before you start. Make sure your work area is clean and sterile. Make sure there is no draft if you cultivate mushrooms.
Wash your hands and arms every time before handling the mushroom substrate kit with hand disinfectant or antibacterial soap. As extra protection use disinfected gloves and a face mask.
Let’s get started and do the first step: Inoculate the liquid culture. If you want to inject spores from a spore syringe directly you can skip this step and move on the “Inoculation of the Substrate kit”.
Prepare the Liquid Culture
Wash your hands and clean the working area! .
- Shake the spore vial or syringe very good to make sure all spores are floating.
- Disinfect the injection site of the liquid culture and the spore vial or syringe with the alcohol swap.
- Inject 2 ml of spore solution in the Liquid culture
Shake the inoculated liquid culture vigorously once a day every day for 10 days Store the inoculated liquid culture in a place between 23-27 degrees Celsius. The liquid culture is ready when you see a cloud floating in the suspension. This is mycelium..
Your Liquid culture is ready, It is called the Master Culture, if used and stored properly you can have lots of mycelium from only a bit of spores..
- If the liquid is murky, it means there is a contamination and the culture is unusable.
- If you don’t use the liquid culture for 10 days, store it in the refrigerator
Inoculation of the Mondo® Substrate kit
Lay out all the materials you need on a disinfected work space. You will need:
- Mondo®Grow Box substrate bag
- Mushroom spore syringe or Liquid Culture with germinated mushroom spores,
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add 2-3 drops of mushroom spore solution in every corner of the substrate and in the middle of the mushroom substrate bag.
- A lighter or spirit burner
- Alcohol preps
- Disinfectant spray
Prepare your mushroom spore syringe with 5-10 ml of spore solution or use 25 ml of the Liquid Culture. This is enough spores to inoculate the Mondo® Grow Box substrate.
- Locate the injection port on the substrate bag. Clean it with an alcohol prep.
- Now get your spore syringe or Liquid Culture syringe and heat the needle, red hot, with a lighter to make it sterile. Let the needle cool off for a few seconds.
- Inject the needle of the syringe into the port. Add all of the mushroom spore solution in the substrate kit.
- Turn and Shake the kit 360 degrees in all directions , to spread the spore suspension.
- Store the kit in a dark place with a temperature between 23-27 degrees Celsius.
After inoculation the mycelium will form and slowly grow over the substrate. This is the process of colonisation.
To let the mycelium grow and colonise the substrate you must keep the Mondo® Grow Box in a dark space with a temperature between 23 -27 degrees Celsius.
After 3-5 days you will see the mycelium starting to grow from the spots were the spores were dropped. The mycelium looks like cotton and becomes more stringy while developing and coloning the mushroom substrate.
It takes 2-4 weeks for the mycelium to colonise the substrate in the box. No empty spots of substrate should be left..
Wait an additional 5-7 days to make sure the inside of the substrate is colonised by the spores too. Now that mushrooms substrate is fully covered by the mycelium the kit is ready to be prepared for fruiting.
Growing mushrooms from the Mondo® Grow Box
When the substrate is fully colonised the fruiting process can be started. It is time to grow mushrooms!
First wash your hands and clean up the work area.
Now get the mushroom substrate box:
- Open the corner of the lid and fill the grow kit with cold tap water until it’s full.
- Close the lid and let is soak in a cold place for 9-12 hours. This can be done in the refrigerator
- After 9-12 hours drain all water out of the kit, by opening the lid a little and poor the water out.
- Add 150 ml of clean water to the grow bag (filter bag)
Put the prepared substrate in the fruiting bag. This bag forms your grow chamber.
- Mist the grow chamber to get the humidity up. Always spray against the sides of the fruiting bag, never on the substrate or mushrooms.
- Close the grow bag by holding the top a few times and fix it with a clip.
Pick a warm and bright spot for the kit. Do not put the grow kit in direct sunlight. Optimal temperature is 23 -27 degrees Celsius. Keep the fruiting chamber moist, by spraying water every 2 (two) days.
The first pins, micro mushrooms, can appear within several days and up to two weeks. Refresh the air 1-3 times a day by opening the grow bag, letting C02 out , and closing the bag with lots of fresh air inside.
Harvest from the MONDO® Grow Box
When the mushrooms are mature harvest them for the collection of the spores or other use
Harvest the mushrooms once the caps of the mushrooms are almost fully open. Pick them with a slight twist, counter clockwise.
Re-hydrate by soaking the kit after the harvest to create a new flush of mushrooms.